Friday, December 13, 2013

Announcing: The Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition New Player Course

When I launched my TwitchTV channel this past July, I quickly found out that D&D was a major source of streams playing, and I was glad for it. Since then, I've spent many hours being entertained viewing adventuring groups playing this great game.

I also noticed something else while watching: there were (and are) a LOT of people who have never played D&D, and are eagerly seeking where and how to learn. Then, the idea for the The Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition New Player Course (D&D4E NPC) struck my brain like a psionic blast, and here we are.

The NPC will be a basic training course for those first-time D&D players, guided with help from the D&D "Red Box" Starter Set (2010 edition).

The NPC will be broadcast live (and possibly recorded for posterity) on my TwitchTV channel, along with the multitude of other D&D streams, to help spread the joys of adventure with the world. Roll20 will be the virtual tabletop we will gather 'round.

The NPC is scheduled to begin on 1 Jan 2014, with 4 players I select from those voicing their interest. More details are still being carefully pondered, to be posted here when decisions are made.

Here's a look at the NPC Outline as I have it currently.

Course Requirements
1. Info Packet
2. Roll20 (http://roll20.net/)
3. TwitchTV account


INTRO
1. What is D&D?
2. History of D&D
3. Components of D&D
4. Info Packet


PART 1: Goblin Attack!
1. Character Creation
2. Action Types
3. Abilities and Skills
4. Defenses
5. Hit Points
6. Powers and Feats
7. Move Action


PART 2: Tracking the Goblins
1. Experience Points
2. Healing
3. Alignment
4. Ability and Skills
5. Equipment
6. Feats
7. Languages


PART 3: The Twisting Halls
1. Combat Turns & Rounds
2. Triggered Actions
3. Action Points
4. Movement
5. Attacks
6. Conditions
7. Saving Throws
8. Hit Points & Healing
9. Dying & Death
10. Rest & Recovery

I almost have the first 4 players identified for the inaugural run, but in case Life happens to one or more of them in between now and 1 Jan, I'm willing to add a few more names into the hat.

If you have never played D&D, or D&D4E, and are interested in attending the first (or subsequent) D&D4E NPC, please send an email to RoleplayingDungeonMaster at gmail, with "D&D4E NPC" in the Subject line, and include your TwitchTV name in the body. 

Feel free to connect with me at any of my RPDM social places to stay informed about the NPC and all other D&D info I roll initiative for. 

Let's roll 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment